Dentures in Escondido
Get Your Smile Back With Dentures
If you’ve lost one or more teeth in Escondido, Dr. Douglas Hope is here to help. Our team specializes in custom dentures, and can help you get the care you need to restore your smile, your bite, and your self-esteem. Contact us online or give us a call at (760) 480-8883 to schedule your appointment today.
Are Dentures Right For Me?
If you’ve lost one or more of your teeth, dentures are a good option for restoring your smile. They are a particularly good option for short-term tooth replacement, or for patients who are on a tight budget. This is because while they don’t last as long as alternative tooth replacements, they’re usually quite a bit more affordable.
Our Denture Options – Partial, Full, & Implant-Supported
We offer three different types of dentures at the office of Dr. Douglas G. Hope. Here’s a quick overview of each one:
- Partial dentures – Partial dentures can replace one or several missing teeth. They consist of false teeth attached to a plastic and/or metal base. They snap onto your existing healthy teeth, which hold them tightly in place.
- Full dentures – Full dentures are made from a gum-colored acrylic base, which supports a full row of false teeth. They are used to replace the upper, lower, or both rows of teeth. They are only recommended if you have lost most or all of your teeth. This is because they require all your remaining teeth to be extracted, even if they’re healthy.
- Implant-supported dentures – Implant-supported dentures are similar to full dentures. But instead of being held in place by fitting tightly over your gums, they attach to a set of 4-6 dental implants. This provides more stability, preserves the health of your jaw, and makes your dentures look and feel more natural. Depending on the type, implant-supported dentures may be fixed in place permanently, or they may be removable.
The Denture Fitting & Placement Process
To begin the process, you’ll need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hope. He will discuss all of your options for tooth replacement, and help you decide if dentures are right for you. If you’re approved, he will take measurements, images, and impressions of your mouth.
These are used by our dental lab to build your first set of test dentures. This may take a week or two. When your test dentures are complete, you’ll come to our office to try them on. Dr. Hope will assess the fit and ask you how they feel. Then, he will use this information to refine the fit, and order a new set of test dentures. This process will continue until your dentures fit perfectly.
Once the fit of your dentures is perfect, Dr. Hope will order your final set of dentures. Once they arrive at our office, you’ll come in and pick them up. Dr. Hope will check the fit one last time, and give you some instructions on how to wear and care for your dentures. Then, you’ll be sent home to enjoy your new smile.
Benefits of Dentures
Why choose dentures over other methods of tooth replacement? Here are a few reasons to consider dentures from Dr. Douglas G. Hope in Escondido.
- Affordable treatment – Dentures are usually the most affordable way to replace missing teeth, and they are typically covered by dental insurance.
- Prevent oral health complications – Dentures prevent your teeth from shifting after tooth loss, and can help protect and preserve your facial structure.
- Restore your appearance – With dentures, you won’t have to feel self-conscious about missing teeth. You will be able to smile, laugh, and show off your teeth with confidence.
- Eat & speak normally again – Tooth loss can make it harder to speak clearly and to eat your favorite foods. With dentures, you can eat your favorite foods once again, and speak clearly and confidently.
"Dr. Hope has been my dentist for over 7 years. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I trusted him to do significant veneer work several years ago. My smile changed and I have been very happy with the results."
“Dr. Hope and his team are a great mix. They work well together and are very aware on making sure you have as little pain as possible. My family has been going for years and wouldn't go anywhere else.”
“I've been a patient at Dr. Hope's office for almost 15 years and have referred several of my friends. The hygienists have always been super friendly and gentle. In addition to typical dental work and my regular cleanings, I did Invisalign and was very happy with the whole process. ”
“Dr. Hope and his staff are the best. I have been a patient there since he took over the practice from Dr. Chatton. I'm not sure how long but I've been seeing Dr. Hope for at least 10 years or more. He is a great dentist who is very knowledgeable and has the most up to date equipment.”
“Dr. Hope & his staff are always so welcoming and professional. They make you feel like family and they make it a point to get to know you personally. The reason I decided to give Dr. Hope my business was because I found out that he gave back to our community.”
“Dr. Hope and his wonderful Staff are just the BEST!!! Dr. Hope and his awesome assistant, George, are very attentive, compassionate, accommodating, caring, funny, but first and foremost HONEST!!!”
“Dr. Hope and his team are wonderful! He is an amazing dentist! Everyone is so nice! I am always welcomed with big smiling faces! I will refer everyone I know to his office!”
“I have been going to Dr. Hope for quite some time now, and always feel so at ease. Dr. Hope is funny and just makes you feel relaxed while there! This is a very friendly office and as long as I'm living anywhere near San Diego I will be going to this dental practice, hopefully Dr. Hope won't be retiring any time soon (he's too young)!!!”
“We always feel like family when in Dr. Hopes office. Each staff member treats us with professionalism and with the best personalized care. They have helped my sensitivity problem to be non existent with the treatments they provide.”